- This event has passed.
Meditation is both an art and a science. Learn to relax your body, quiet your mind, awaken intuition, and experience greater joy in daily life.
Based on the original teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, this class is Step 1 on the Path of Kriya Yoga. Whether you are interested in exploring the spiritual side of meditation or managing stress, you will feel welcome.
This 3-hour intensive covers everything included in the three-evening course, but accelerated. This is a great opportunity to learn new techniques or deepen your existing meditation practice. This course also leads beautifully into The Art & Science of Raja Yoga series beginning August 13th.
In this 3-hour class you will:
- Experience the importance of the breath/mind connection and the power of the focused mind.
- Learn the Hong-Sau technique of concentration.
- Learn Paramhansa Yogananda’s Energization Exercises, a unique system of exercises for controlling and increasing your energy level and overcoming fatigue.
- Learn basic yet powerful techniques of meditation through clear, step-by-step instructions.
- Receive simple, “do-able” suggestions about how to sit comfortably for meditation, how to still the restless mind, how to take experiences of peace and joy into daily life.
- Enjoy small classes and experienced instructors who provide a quality learning environment – with time for individual questions and in-depth exploration.
Included electronic materials: PDF of the book Lessons in Meditation, MP3 audio files with guided meditations and relaxation techniques, Digital video with instruction and guided practice of Yogananda’s Energization Exercises.
Apply these lessons in ongoing public meditations each Wednesday at 6:30pm.
There is no aspect of your life that cannot be improved by meditation, whether it be in business, relationships, health, or developing any personal quality, such as willpower. Meditation is a technique for personal growth that has been practiced for thousands of years around the world with repeatable results. It is one of the most natural and rewarding of all human activities. It gives direct, intuitive experience of higher realities, and is the cornerstone of true spirituality.
The highest purpose of meditation, however, is to discover your Highest Self.
Location: This class meets in person in the Ananda Thousand Oaks center, 1321 Thousand Oaks Blvd, #124.
Date & Time: August 5th, 5:30pm-8:30pm.
Cost: $45. Please enroll at least 24 hours in advance using “ticket” feature on this page.
“Lessons in Meditation” is also available as a three night series. Call for more information (805) 372-1691.
Ananda is a nonprofit, nonsectarian center for spiritual expansion, meditation, and community. All are welcome.