The truth simply is. It cannot be voted into existence. It must be perceived by every individual in the changeless Self within. -Paramhansa Yogananda
The Art & Science of Raja Yoga offers both a heart and scientific approach to the spiritual life, with techniques for stilling the mind and expanding our awareness of spiritual realities. Based on The Art and Science of Raja Yoga by Swami Kriyananda, as taught by Paramhansa Yogananda, it is the most comprehensive course for realizing our spiritual destiny offered today.
This 12-week series shares, in a practical way, the fundamentals of Raja Yoga (Royal Union): the comprehensive yogic path that shows us how to spiritualize our entire life, with meditation as its central practice. Raja yoga offers techniques for self-mastery in every aspect of life, from calming turbulent emotions to awakening deep compassion and love for others. Ultimately, it is a well-explored pathway walked by countless yogis and mystics, to union with God.
Raja yoga teachings explain that this world is a school, where we are sent to develop our “spiritual muscles” by learning the many lessons life teaches us. When all lessons have been learned, and our consciousness spiritualized; we are able to graduate the School of Life and earn the true “Certificate of Completion:” Self-Realization.
Raja yoga encompasses all the different types of yoga including meditation, devotional practices, dispassionate discrimination and wisdom, as well as the yoga postures well-known in the West.
This course is one of Ananda’s most popular offerings and is perfect for anyone seeking spiritual expansion whether you are new to the spiritual path or an experienced yogi. It offers opportunities for spiritual conversations and questions.
This course is also step-two on the path of Kriya Yoga. It is open to everyone, whether or not you have taken step-one, Lessons in Meditation.
The teachings of Self-realization are compatible with the core teachings of all great world religions. Devoted members of many faiths are an active part of Ananda.
Your course registration includes 12 in-person classes covering topics including:
- The History of Yoga and the Cycles of Time Explore the origins of yoga as a complete way of life.
- The Paths of Yoga Devotion (bhakti), Karma (action), Gyana (wisdom). Yoga is suited to every different temperament.
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga The eight limbs of yoga that define and describe the steps of spiritual development.
- The Yamas Practices to avoid that produce unhappiness.
- The Niyamas Practices to cultivate that produce contentment, success and fulfillment.
- Life is a Battlefield How to develop inner peace in the midst of life’s chaos.
- Affirmations Techniques to help you achieve your goals: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.
- Energy and Energization Discover the ways and means of optimum health and lasting joy.
- Magnetism The key to success and abundance in every undertaking, from meditation to one’s material goals.
- Guru Disciple Relationship: What is a guru and do we need one?
- The Anatomy of Yoga Your deepest nature is immortal and infinite. What is keeping you from realizing this? Learn the ancient techniques that yogis use to break down the barriers keeping them separated from their highest Self.
Dates: Our next series begins Aug 6, 2022.
Course fee includes: Supplemental online program “The Art & Science of Raja Yoga” (over 20 hours of audio, video, and PDF textbook). This program is used worldwide and offers invaluable support. If you miss a class, this online program also covers each week’s in-class topic.
Added Bonus: You can re-take the The Art & Science of Self-Realization course as often as you like, absolutely free! Many people take this course multiple times, experiencing a greater resonance of inner knowing each time.
Cost for this 12-week series: $395. Registration link below.
Please call with any questions, or to schedule a visit at the center (805) 372-1691.
Instructor: It is Jennifer’s great joy to be of service leading the Ananda Thousand Oaks center. She is an Ananda Minister, a certified Ananda Meditation instructor, a disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda and a Kriyaban. Jennifer enjoys sharing the teachings of Self-realization, leading classes for Ananda, meditations, satsangs, and more. She has been married for thirty-five years and is mom to two adult children. She offers a loving heart to anyone seeking support in their spiritual path.