- This event has passed.
The truth simply is. It cannot be voted into existence. It must be perceived by every individual in the changeless Self within. -Paramhansa Yogananda
The Art & Science of Raja Yoga: Based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda. Twelve Saturdays beginning January 29, 2022. Register now for this series!
One of Ananda’s most popular offerings, Raja Yoga offers a proven system for realizing one’s spiritual destiny. This comprehensive course is an intimate study of how to apply age-old teachings on a practical, as well as spiritual, day-to-day level in this modern age. Raja yoga encompasses all the different types of yoga including meditation, devotional practices, dispassionate discrimination and wisdom, as well as the yoga postures well-known in the West.
The Art & Science or Raja Yoga series offers both a heart and scientific approach to the spiritual life, with techniques for stilling the mind and expanding our awareness of spiritual realities. It offers techniques for self-mastery in every aspect of life, from calming turbulent emotions to awakening deep compassion and love for others. Ultimately, it is a well-explored pathway, walked by countless yogis and mystics, to union with God. This series offers wonderful opportunity for conversation and questions about spirituality.
The teachings of Raja Yoga are compatible with the core teachings of all the great world religions. Devoted members of many faiths are an active part of Ananda.
Your course registration includes 12 in-person classes covering topics including:
- The History of Yoga and the Cycles of Time Explore the origins of yoga as a complete way of life.
- The Paths of Yoga Devotion (bhakti), Karma (action), Gyana (wisdom). Yoga is suited to every different temperament.
- Patanjali’s Ashtanga Yoga The eight limbs of yoga that define and describe the steps of spiritual development.
- The Yamas Practices to avoid that produce unhappiness.
- The Niyamas Practices to cultivate that produce contentment, success and fulfillment.
- Life is a Battlefield How to develop inner peace in the midst of life’s chaos.
- Affirmations Techniques to help you achieve your goals: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual.
- Energy and Energization Discover the ways and means of optimum health and lasting joy.
- Magnetism The key to success and abundance in every undertaking, from meditation to one’s material goals.
- Guru Disciple Relationship: What is a guru and do we need one?
- The Anatomy of Yoga Your deepest nature is immortal and infinite. What is keeping you from realizing this? Learn the ancient techniques that yogis use to break down the barriers keeping them separated from their highest Self.
Course fee includes: Supplemental online program “The Art & Science of Raja Yoga” (over 20 hours of audio, video, and PDF textbook). This program is used worldwide and offers invaluable support. If you miss a class, this online program covers each week’s in-class topic.
Added Bonus: You can re-take our Raja Yoga course as often as you like, absolutely free! Many people take this course multiple times.
Cost for this 12-week series: $345. Registration link below.
Please call with any questions, or to schedule a visit at the center (805) 372-1691.
Instructor: It is Jennifer’s great joy to be of service leading the Ananda Thousand Oaks center. She is an Ananda Minister, a certified Ananda Meditation instructor, a disciple of Paramhansa Yogananda and a Kriyaban. Jennifer enjoys sharing the teachings of Self-realization, leading classes for Ananda, meditations, satsangs, and more. She has been married for thirty-four years and is mom to two adult children. She offers a loving heart to anyone seeking support in their spiritual path.